Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paint fumes and other delights

The painters were here again today trying to finish up as much of the painting as they could.  They are heading back to Athens, Georgia, in the morning and will return after my hardwood floors are done.

These painters are absolutely hysterical.  They are two young guys and they totally play off of each other.  Of course I can "banter" with the best of them....so, I give it all right back to them.  Lots of laughter among the paint fumes.

Actually, I am thinking that the laughter may be because of the paint fumes?
**************************************************

Hardwood floors will be put in starting tomorrow morning.  It will take about 4 days from start to finish and I will probably have to move out for at least two of them.  No problem.... in that I can just hang out at Dave's and breathe fresh air over there.
*************************************************

Well, my bracket challenge went downhill after this weekend.  I had Kansas winning the whole thing and they didn't even make it to the final four.  Same with UNC. 
Oh well, there is always next year.....
************************************************

We went to see "The Lincoln Lawyer" today starring Matthew McConaughey.  He was perfect for the role and kept the movie interesting.  Lots of twists and turns....I would give it a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.....mostly because it is not my favorite type of movie....but, it was quite enjoyable.

I would have rather gone to a "chick flick"...but, there weren't any playing!
************************************************

My ex, two sons and one grandson went to Spring Training down in Florida this weekend.  I can't wait to hear all about it.  We have always been a big baseball family....so, I am sure that it was lots of fun for the four of them.   Hopefully, little Owen was able to keep up with the big boys!
***********************************************

Two more of my girlfriends recently turned 60 and had a big party Thursday night to celebrate!  The theme was (of course) getting older....eating the "early bird specials" and playing bingo! Great food, lots of visiting...and, even though I didn't win a single bingo game, I had a good time!

I guess that this was preparing us for things to come?!
**********************************************

The painters left all of the sunroom windows open so that the paint fumes might not be so bad.  I am amazed that we haven't had any surprise guests....like the birds and squirrels that frequent my backyard.

Now that I have written that, I am having second thoughts about leaving the house exposed like that....so, I will end here and go and shut some windows...as day #30 comes to an end....



No comments: