Wednesday, July 13, 2011

They came....they created.....


Here are some of the coil bowls that were created last night by my first pottery class.  Some were a bit crooked.....some were a bit soggy.....but, they were all a really great start!! I had expressed that these initial bowls were going to be some "perfectly imperfect" items....and, that was what made them so special.

We had a lot of fun....lots of laughing as the women got into the clay....most of them for the very first time. Some of the younger girls brought some wine and snacks....and, I heard others vowing to do the same next week.

I loved that they didn't take it all too seriously. Life is serious enough just day to day.  Pottery classes are meant to be a fun escape....and, hopefully, it was for this group.

Next group of women arrive tomorrow night for my Thursday night class.

I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: