Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Two visits with grandkids and no post?!?!?!

I should be ashamed.

Blame it on sheer exhaustion.


My visit with Celia and Dylan was pure delight!  The other grandma was there with me....and, believe me, it takes two sets of eyes, arms, legs and 60+ year old energy to do the job right!  We went swimming....and exploring and playing with Leggos and playing dress up (of course) and singing and dancing....great fun!

Here are a few of the pictures of the MD cuties!!












From there, I flew back home just in time to watch Dave's niece and nephew who had come down to visit their uncle for a week.  They were terrific and made me realize how grown up 11 and 7 year olds really are!

After that, my Minnesota (now Arkansas) gang came in for a few days.  My son had his 20th high school (Whaaaat???) reunion and Grammie got to babysit Owen and Audrey.

They loved swimming in the pool and we managed to go to a jumping place, a children's museum and, even the library while they were here.  It wouldn't be a trip to visit Grammie without some pottery and painting!

Yes, of course, I have pictures.... : )










Fun times....but, even the pictures make me a little tired. 

Time for a nap, y'all.  : )


7 comments:

Granny Annie said...

I would love to be one of your grandchildren!

Grandma Mary said...

Grandkids, there's nothing like them. Just spent 3 days in KC with my sweet Sarah. It was a girl trip and we finally got to go to the American Girl Doll store. We got a horse but Grandma is going to get her a doll for Christmas. It's even going to be a surprise for her parents who probably would tell me no. Oh well, glad you had a good time making all those memories.

Susan Adcox said...

What fun to get to co-grandparent! That hasn't worked out for me in a long time. Great pics!

Granny-Guru said...

Love the bubble machine!

Beautifuldreamer said...

Beautiful grandkids, and looks like you all had a blast!

Granny Annie said...

I am going through past blog posts and wonder about your life. Are you well? Loved your blog so much and miss all your adventures with grandchildren and flooded basements. LOL It is almost 5 years since your last post. Did you join the Facebook mob? xoxo Granny Annie

Milasha said...

If you are successful mature but single perosn, try elite dating. Don’t be afraid or ashamed to admit you need some help, and register on one of the dating sites for elite singles. I checked it myself and saw that it’s safe, reliable, and effective. Only real verifed profiles and women with serious intentions. texas dating