Friday, June 30, 2006

The Two J's

In a week I will be 'winging' my way to DC to spend some time with my real 'baby': my youngest son, Jeffrey, and his terrific wife, Janet. I can't wait to visit with them. Pardon me while I do a little bragging (it comes with my "Jewish mother" contract). These two are such incredible human beings. They concern themselves with the world beyond their own little safety zone and feel empathy for others who are not as fortunate. They do this by their awareness as well as their actions. I am truly inspired by them. I also can't help but admire how they make the people in their lives a priority. First of all they put a lot of time and energy into maintaining their past and present friendships. Knowing how important my dear friends have been in my life, I especially appreciate this quality in them. They also have a deep, authentic love of family as well as their own family histories. They seem to understand that it is important to know where you come from... and they passionately pursue the stories from the past as they look towards their own futures. They embrace their lives as an ongoing adventure that is always showing them new surprises and joys. What an incredible way to live. I have found that I am never too old to learn valuable life lessons from my children... Thank you, J and J for your wisdom and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.