Monday, July 24, 2006

...just a comment about comments

If you read my blog you may noticed that I have had to delete several comments. While it still shows as a 'comment'...when you click on it the message will read: comment deleted....This post has been removed by the blog administrator. While it sounds a bit harsh, there was a good reason for this action. It was the result of being a victim of 'comment spam'! Because of that, I have also had to make it harder for spammers to get through to my blog by adding 'word verification' to my comment page as well as having you sign in before you leave a comment. I love to get your comments and I really hate having to add those limitations, but I was told that this was the only way to avoid spam comments in the future. I guess that with all of the progress that we make in this new computerized society....there are still some people out there who try to abuse the system. While we can't change the behaviors of others, we can get on the defensive to make their misuse of the system more difficult. And, that is all that I am going to COMMENT on that.... : )

No comments: