Monday, July 24, 2006

Time flies when you're having fun...

Between too early and too late, there is never more than a moment. Franz Werfel

Why is it that the older one gets, the faster time goes by? I used to feel like I had all the time in the world but now I feel as if I can hardly get enough done before the day is over.

I remember as a youngster thinking how slowly time moved....but, now in a blink of an eye it is another day....another month....another year....I am a certified baby boomer "Senior Citizen"! My "little" boys are now men with wives of their own...I am about to be a grandma.....I am starting to use phrases like: "In my day we didn't have......." and "You're only 70? How young!" I am reading my AARP magazine and enjoying it... as everything in it is relevant to my life now! When I fill out forms, my age is in the last category....usually 50 and up! All of my doctors look like kids and I am old enough to be (gulp) their mothers!....

Today I heard that Diana and Charles' wedding was 25 years ago?! How did 25 years pass me by so quickly? And, it seems as if the neighborhood kids were just let out of school for the summer....but the stores are already advertising their "Back to School" merchandise! What's the rush?

Time is a precious commodity and as I get older it becomes even more so. I want it to slow down so that I can savor every minute of it before it passes me by. I've got to go....I don't want to miss another moment of it....

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. Hours fly, flowers die, new days, new ways pass by, Love stays. Henry Van Dyke, Katrina's Sun Dial

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't get through to make a comment !! I've registered, signed up, even registered for a blog page, but your blogger won't let me through ! I'll try one more time.......... !!!!

Unknown said...

Success at last. Hooray !