Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Addiction

OK....so, I tried to get away without writing anything today. Every time that I walked by the computer I felt the pull to sit down and post something...but, I had so many other things to do today....so I tried to ignore this powerful force and went about my business.

One of my dearest friends, who reads my blog every day (Bless you, Sherri!), called to tell me of her disappointment this morning when she saw that I hadn't written anything new. I saw on my sitemeter that several people had already viewed "Awaiting Buddha" this morning...and, alas, were greeted with yesterday's post. (*sigh*)

I must admit that writing in my blog does have a cathartic aspect to it as I now have an opportunity to write down some feelings that I have inside of me that I might not otherwise get to express.... Sometimes the words just flow and I surprise myself with what comes out. When I read the newly published post I sometimes think "Did I just write that?!?"

I guess that I have always been a 'deep thinker' as well as being quite introspective....and I have been told that I have a tendency to feel things with a lot of passion (ok...maybe that is an understatement!).....so it seems like a natural pairing....Me, and my newest addiction, my blog...See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Moobear said...

Write as you feel! That is the way I do. I sit down most days having no earthly idea as to what I am going to say and sometimes once I start I never seem to shut up. I find your site very well done and something worth one's time to read. I wish you the best and I will be back again tomorrow. God Bless!
Click this to My Favs is next. :)

Anonymous said...

With dial-up, I don't linger on-line when doing e-mail so I have not been keeping up with your blog...Just read thru the whole thing -- and, as the Broadway critics say, "I laughed, I cried..." And then started looking at my old Adam and Jeffrey photos...Nice job, Laur, and something I'm sure baby AUSTIN and his parents will cherish... ;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.