Tuesday, August 01, 2006

AUGUST 1, 2006

I was the first one up this morning...I loved going out on the balcony and just taking it all in. The sand on the beach had been 'combed' overnight and there were a handful of people walking along the ocean. There was a calming quality to this early morning view. Suddenly, I realized that today was the first day of AUGUST...the month that baby Buddha is due to arrive! I was thinking about how much we all have to look forward to and a smile came over my face...

One of the girls brought a book to the condo that I started to read yesterday. It has captured my attention like nothing that I have ever read. It talks about pursuing a passionate life as we go through our 50's...60's....70's...80's....90's....One phase of this life journey mentioned in the book that was relevant to me was about being a grandparent. The author, Gail Sheehy, says: "Grandparenthood is likely by now, bringing back a playful side. The capacity for wonder that we felt as children can be reborn through the eyes and enthusiasm of our grandchildren."

I can't wait...

1 comment:

Clara....in TN said...

I'm thrilled for you about the oncoming arrival of your grandbaby!!!! You are in for The RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!!! There is nothing else like it!!!! I know....I have TWO!!!!