Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Brotherly Love

I feel so much emotion just watching my children.

The immense pleasure that my boys and their wives bring to my life is indescribable. They have grown into tender and gentle adults and treat everyone they meet with such kindness. I can't ask for much more than that.

When the four of them spend time together, I smile inside the whole time.

So, you can imagine my delight when Jeffrey and Janet flew to Minnesota to visit Adam, Jenny and Owen last week. Viewing the pictures of their time together completely fills me with joy.

As I look at the pictures I feel so gratified for their close and loving connection. Adam and Jeffrey have had this kind of relationship always. Even as children, they really supported each other and very rarely, if ever, conflicted.

Their relationship always amazed me in that when I was growing up with my 3 sisters we fought like cats and dogs!! There was hardly a day that went by where one of us wasn't getting angry over something....and then running to tell mom with the hope of getting them in trouble. Conflict was pretty much a constant throughout our growing years. (Thank heavens we have all outgrown that now!)

But, my boys were different. They got along...and, still do to this day, feeling such respect and admiration for one another. They are the best of friends.

It makes a mother proud. : )

"Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man." R. Tagore

"My best creation is my children." Diane Von Fursteneberg

No comments: