Monday, September 25, 2006

Future Rock Star?

It looks like little Owen is missing his Grammie already! What do you think?

He is wearing the little "Future Rock Star" t shirt that I got him.

I couldn't resist getting it for him as his dad plays guitar and drums and probably still has dreams of some day being a rock star! : ) One can't help but notice the drum set and electric guitar that are sitting in their downstairs room in Minnesota. I think that Jenny might have something to say if Adam started playing any loud music these days! It may be a while before these instruments get any use.

I must say that I can definitely picture Adam and Owen rocking out together someday when he gets a little older. And, with his mom's incredibly beautiful voice, she can front their little family "band"!

When Adam and Jeffrey were little, playing music was a huge part of their growing up. Luckily, we had a large playroom downstairs where they could make all of the noise that they wanted to. It was here that they pretended to be famous musicians having a jam session. We have some wonderful videos of these fun times. Both boys were in rock bands at some point in their late teens, so music was always a big part of our family.

While I am an artist, I don't really have any musical ability, so I was in awe of this talent that my sons both had. While I can't read a note of music, they were naturals when they received their first guitars or when they took their piano lessons. Jeffrey even attempted to take violin lessons when he was about 5 years old. This mainly consisted of "plucking", but still seemed pretty incredible to me to see such a young child reading music as he held up his little violin to his chin.

My greatest musical memory was playing my little record player over and over again up in the attic of our New York house. The song was "Tina, the Ballerina" and 50 some years later I can still hear that tune in my head. As I listened to those magical songs I would be transformed into a beautiful, long-legged ballerina in a pink tutu performing before a full house of fans. It was a magical time.

Truth be told, I was a little, ungraceful 4 year old prancing about in my pink pajamas...

Imagination can be a wonderful thing.... : )

Posted by Picasa

No comments: