Friday, September 29, 2006

Children's Wisdom

Jeffrey and Janet gave me a wonderful little book for my birthday.

It is called "Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me" by Cynthia L. Copeland and it is priceless.

While it is filled with "childish thoughts", they still have valuable meaning to us as adults. Here are a few examples from the book:

"Don't say 'the last one there is a rotten egg' unless you're absolutely sure there's a slow kid behind you."

"You are only little until someone littler comes along."

"If you can't reach someone, blow kisses!"

"The path you're on looks different when you turn around."

"If you stay clean, you'll never have fun."

"Squeeze the tube slowly, because once the toothpaste is out, it is hard to put it back in."

"Some weeks you really need Saturday on a Wednesday."

and, "If you stand on tiptoe to be measured this year, you'll have to step on tiptoe the rest of your life."

I have read through it several times and each time I get something else from it.

I especially love the page near the end that has one word of advice for us and that is simply:

"GIGGLE"

You can't get much better advice than that. : )

No comments: