Saturday, October 28, 2006

Friday Night Carving

It has become a yearly tradition now for me and Dave.

With knives in hand, we get ready to do our "Annual Halloween Pumpkin Carving".

He takes this very seriously as he goes online and prints out several pumpkin face possibilities. I always encourage him to just start cutting and see what happens.

When I start out, I just know that mine is going to be a goofy, smiling face. The neighborhood kids have enough frightening things in the world to deal with....so, I figure that a friendly pumpkin face is just what they need.

So, the Friday night event begins.....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gattina said...

Blogger makes me crazy this is the 3rd time I try to post a comment. Hopefully this time it works.

I am feeling like a child discovering a new world ! I knew about Halloween, but would never had thought that it's such a big tradition in the States ! Reading american blogs I learn more and more. When my son was a child, (now 33) it didn't exist at all. Nobody even knew about it. Now since a couple of years it's getting over here. Shops are decorated with pumpkins and even houses. Our neighbours little boy evenhad decorated his front garden.
Although I bought some sweets, nobody showed up yet, children don't dare to come, as they are not used to it. But they came in the shops yesterday and it was really funny. In our parc were a Halloween party and I took some pictures which I will show in my photoblog the next days. Never ever in my whole life I have seen so many small and big witches, devils, skulls and other scary stuff !! For my writer cramps I digged a little for Halloween's origins and how it fits in Belgium. I read it in Wikipedia and it's really interesting.