Saturday, October 28, 2006

The lids have been cut off, the insides cleaned out and the faces have been carved. Mine is the happy one on the left and Dave's is the more serious one on the right.

I have removed the seeds from the stringy "inside" stuff, salted them and roasted them in the oven for later snacking.

Eating the seeds entails a lot of work....removing the shell for a very small seed... but if you have the patience...they are tasty (and healthy, I might add!) This is a long-standing tradition, so I make them every year.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Moobear said...

Hey grammie,
Ain't never heard of eating the seeds, but I bet they are tasty. Nice punkin carving I might add. I woulda picked right if you hadn't told us. Yours is a bit more..well...you know... Hope you and Dave have a great weekend my friend!


God Bless!

Clara....in TN said...

Very nice pumpkin carving....sounds like a lot of fun to me. I have roasted the seed. They are good!