Sunday, October 22, 2006

"Happiness" List Part 1

Months ago I did my first ever list of gripes. It was a great release getting to vent in that way! However, today I decided to post my first ever list of things that make me happy. Here is my simplistic "feel good" list:

1)Autumn leaves

2) Giggles

3) Chocolate

4) Opening a new jar of peanut butter and getting the first taste

5) Warm bread

6) People who wave you on to go ahead of them in a traffic merge

7) Sitting by a fireplace

8) Toasted marshmallows

9) Nice smelling cologne on a man

10) Having room for my favorite pillow with me when I go on a trip

11) Soft, well-worn jeans that I've had forever

12) Hugs

13) My cat purring when I stroke her

14) Celebrations of any kind

15) A wonderful glass of wine

16) Crisp, cold weather

17) Bubble gum

18) Kindness

19) Romantic movies

20) Deep conversations

21) Long walks

22) A smile from a passing stranger

23) Hallmark card commercials

24) Dave emptying the dishwasher for me

25) Free food samples at stores

26) Chinese food on Sunday night

27) Cooking a big Thanksgiving turkey

28) The way the house smells all day while the turkey is cooking!

28) Red M & M's (don't ask...I just think that they taste better!?)

29) Winning money on the quarter slot machines

30) Rod Stewart singing the old classics

31) Pedicures with bright red polish

32) Blow pops

33) Friendly neighbors who watch out for me

34) American Idol

35) Being silly for no reason

36) Going to the beach with "The Girlies"

37) Giving "happy gifts"

38) Having the mailbox full of good mail

39) Holding hands

40) Sneaking food into the movies without getting caught

41) Thick, soft socks on a cold day

42) Stuffed animals

43) Being surprised with some fresh flowers

44) Playing games such as Rummikub, Uno, Scrabble

45) Making a big pot of soup

46) Back rubs

47) Being understood

48) Creating a wonderful piece of pottery

49) Good hair days

50) Sunday mornings

(ahhh....going to go read the paper and enjoy my Sunday morning right now. Have a nice day! : )

1 comment:

Gattina said...

I would almost do the same list ! there are a few things I enjoy less, and the only one I really don't like is cooking ! But smelling yes !
I don't know what happened to me, since I am painting, I don't like to cook anymore. And I've always loved to cook and do my own inventions. I was able to taste something in a restaurant and cook it at home without any recipee. Now I am already exhausted when I have to cook an egg !