Wednesday, November 08, 2006

another day...

Well, the election is over.

Alabama has re-elected Bob Riley as its Governor, and in my opinion, that is good news for the state. He has done a good job so far in moving us in a positive direction. Now, with four more years ahead of him, I wish him continued success.

We also elected our first female Supreme Court Justice...another sign of progress in a state that still has to fight many 'perception' issues from the past...

On the national front, our discontent with how things are right now definitely influenced voters as they headed to the polls yesterday. It was called, "...an election that swept Democrats into power in the House and delivered a rebuke of GOP scandal, the Iraq war and the course of a nation." Let's just hope that the message is heard by our leaders...

On a less serious note, I have a full day ahead as my high school reunion trip looms ahead. I am really getting excited as more and more of my old buddies have started reconnecting via email. Plans are being made to get together and now my only concern (besides what I should wear!) is making sure that I can recognize my old classmates. I will have to search their faces for how I remembered them 40 long year's ago. I have been looking over pictures from my old yearbook and studying our young, eager faces in hopes of this helping jog my memory at the reunion.

Maybe after a few glasses of wine together, we won't really care who we were back then! : )

Have a nice day....I'm off to get mine started!

1 comment:

Gattina said...

You will see ! The skinny once will be fat, the ugly once beautiful and the fat once skinny. So it's easy !

The americans in Belgium and Germany (I saw that on TV) became crazy for hapiness about the outcome of the elections ! Here they gathered on streets, jumped, yelled and waved the american flag and the ambassador showed a keyholder with a countdown timer on it and the picture of Bush ! It shows the days until he has to leave. No, really they are all very happy.
On my blog today I have still not had the time to sew a button on a shirt !