Thursday, November 09, 2006

Heading SOUTH...

"The perfect journey is circular-the joy of departure and the joy of return." Dino Basili

I am off tomorrow morning for sunny Florida. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and getting to spend some time with my family down there.

After I stuff everything into my suitcase, sit on it to compress the contents and, finally, zip it up...maybe then I can relax.

I don't know why I always have such a hard time packing. If I could just zip up my house and take it with me, I would be much happier. I have such a hard time deciding what to take....so I always end up taking twice as much as I will need. Oh well. Let's just cross our fingers that the luggage ends up at the same place that I do.

Gizmo can always sense that I am leaving and she begins her pouting as soon as the suitcases come out. For that reason I try not to get them out until the very last minute....so, for now everything is just piled up on the bed in one of my guestrooms.

I feel so guilty leaving her here alone. I sometimes wonder what she does when I am not here? I imagine her frolicking about doing all kinds of naughty things that I don't allow her to do....like getting up on all of the counters....scratching everything in sight ....joyfully playing with the little cat toys scattered around. Reality is, that at her ripe old age (100+), she probably finds a sunny spot and settles in for some good napping.

Sounds good to me. : )

8 comments:

Moobear said...

Grammie I hope that you have a very safe, fun trip and enjoy seeing all your classmates. Also enjoy time with your relatives. I am looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return. Be careful, stay safe and have fun!!!

L. said...

Thanks, Claudia.....
Please take care of yourself while I am gone and feel good!!! If possible, I will try to visit your blog when I am away to see what you are up to and how you are doing.
xoxo

Clara....in TN said...

Have fun Grammie, Be safe and return full of stories to tell us here in blog land!

Teresa said...

Enjoy your visit down South. Have a safe trip.

L. said...

Thanks Teresa and Clara....can't wait to post pictures and stories from my reunion. Have a good weekend...I'll be back Wednesday!

Gattina said...

She probably will sleep until you are coming back !
I have a list for my suitcase the only thing which changes are the cloths of course, but as I only wear trousers (I don't even have a skirt anymore) it's also quickly done. Always last minute ! But I wash everything before, so that I can change my mind all the time.
Would be nice if you put just a "Hi" in my comments I like to know if somebody of my Blogger friends are coming by !

Gattina said...

And have a nice trip and a lot of fun !

Jana said...

Hope you have fun and get a tan!!