Monday, November 06, 2006

Like an artist with paintbrush in hand looking at a blank canvas, I am sitting here this morning staring at my computer screen wondering what words will soon fill it's vacant whiteness.

I have several things on my mind as I ready myself for the day ahead.

I will be leaving first thing on Friday for my previously mentioned high school reunion so I have plenty of sorting through clothing and eventual packing to do. While the temperatures here in Birmingham are hovering around the low 50's right now....the story is totally different in S. Florida where one will most likely find high to mid 80's and up! So, I will need to go through some of my spring and summer clothing and see what I can dig up to take with me. aagh My body is already in the fall and winter mode as far as shoes and clothing. Men don't seem to understand this difficulty in changing our wardrobe to fit the climate. They just change from a long sleeved shirt to a short sleeved shirt and they are fine!

Secondly I have pottery that needs to be worked on before I head out of town. I am so behind this season...but it is because of a good reason....my sweet Owen's arrival most of all....and all of the trips that I have been taking...and, then there is my blog. I have now added "writing in my blog" as a daily priority and I am not ready to give that up as it gives me so much pleasure. I also love to visit the other blogs that I enjoy and this takes some time. It does seem as if there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done that I need to!

Tonight I will be celebrating one of my best girlfriend's birthdays by going out to dinner with some of the Girlies. She turned 59 (gulp) yesterday(same day as my mom....see yesterday's post!). I can't believe it as we have been friends for 30+ years. Looking back, we have certainly been through a multitude of life changes through those years! The good, the 'notsogood'......you name it....we have had a taste of them all! The nice part about friendship is that we all seem to manage to be the soft place to land for each other. So, Happy Birthday, my dear friend, Sharon, and thanks for helping me get through my journey of life.

Well, it is now 8:03 and time for me to get on my walking shoes and get my day started. My list of "things to do" is growing longer and longer the more that I sit here.... so I am off!

Have a lovely and productive day fellow bloggers and visitors! : )

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I try to walk every morning too. If I don't do it early, chances are I won't do it. I love that it's getting colder, makes the walking so much better!

Moobear said...

Ain't best girlfriends fun? Dunno what I'd do without P. I hope you had a fun time today. Also I hope you have lots of fun at your class reunion.

Clara....in TN said...

Aren't girl friend great? I have a best friend that moved to Florida. She is the kind you can tell everything.
Have a good time at your reunion. Sounds like fun to me!

L. said...

I know what you mean, Teresa. I have to get out early....or else the day gets by and I find a million excuses to not go out and walk. It is like my morning cup of coffee.
Thanks for all of your visits and comments ladies! : )