Sunday, December 17, 2006

"Mentos Mania?"

I have come to the realization that all men are just little boys in grown up bodies.

Dave came over yesterday all excited about trying out this "mentos experiment". He wanted to do a practice run before heading to Delaware this coming week. He thought that his niece and nephew would get a kick out of it and wanted to make sure that he could pull it off.

Ideally, you have a tube large enough for the mentos mints to fit into. As you quickly drop them into the 3 liter container of any diet soda, an unbelievable explosion is supposed to occur....sending the soda swirling out and about for several minutes.

There was a video online of some men who did this simple experiment and then went on to make an elaborate display with hundreds of soda bottles. It was quite impressive if you enjoy seeing soda spraying out in a million different directions.

Personally, I would rather drink the soda....

But, nevertheless, Dave set everything up and I was there ready to capture it all on tape.

Click on the video below to see how it all turned out. (I am still laughing about it all)....Enjoy! : ) (for some reason the video will only show sideways so you have to turn your head to view it correctly.....sorry about that!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let Dave know that you can do the same thing with baking soda ! Tell the honest truth; isn't half of what you love about men is the fact that we are all still little boys at heart ? Happy Hannukah. Dad

Gattina said...

Now my head is on the other side of my neck ! but it was fun !
It's strange that you realized only now that men are all grown up children I realized that already since my teen age !
By the way if you don't like to comment on my blog you can send me an email if you have something to say of course, lol ! Your voice is clear and understandable for me, you speak like my friend in Madison.