Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Morning Fog Blog

Posted by Picasa "The fog comes

on little cat feet.

It sits looking

over harbor and city

on silent haunches

and then moves on."

Carl Sandburg

Looking out my window this morning into the back yard, I was drawn to the veil of fog that had settled over the woods.

I ran and got my camera to capture it's eerie beauty.

My apologies to the birds that I disturbed when I opened my back door to shoot the scene. They were joyously eating at my bird feeder before I frightened them all away. I'm sure that they will return when they know that the coast is clear.

While I imagine that this heavy, morning fog is an annoyance to the airlines as it delays their flights, for me it is a peaceful greeting that a new day has arrived. In time it will dissipate and reveal a clearer picture of my surroundings...

But, for now, I am going to enjoy it before the sun comes out and slowly burns it all away.

: )

No comments: