Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Musings....

I am getting a late start today.

I started my day with an appointment with a new dermatologist. I was shocked when she walked in the room. She looked like she was about 16 year's old! Aren't there any doctors out there in my age range anymore??? I guess that they are all retired and living in South Florida....!

With Dave still out of town, I went to a movie and dinner with some girlfriends on Saturday. We went to see "Reign Over Me" with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. It is an interesting movie about one man's struggle in dealing with the loss of his entire family on Sept. 11. It is also a fascinating story of friendship as well as healing on one's own schedule. It started out slowly for me, but about a third of the way through it really grabbed hold of me and took me in.

Spring is announcing its arrival with yellow pollen everywhere. Cars are covered in it! Not having had any rain for quite a while is not helping things. I was tempted to write "ah-choo!" on one of the cars in my neighborhood just for fun. : )

The War in Iraq continues to weigh heavily on my mind. Almost 3500 fatalities since its inception. I wish that there was a way for the United States to withdraw from this unpopular conflict before more young lives are lost. The American people are speaking out....but, it seems, not being heard.

Some of my latest pottery creations (box above) express the sentiment of my own very personal feelings.

My hope is for peace, sooner, rather than later.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

There has never been peace. This is not a popular point of view, but it is valid.

It's natural to aspire to peace, because of the two conditions, peace is more fun than war. But at what price?

L. said...

Having been around during the Vietnam Era...I see so many similarities between these two senseless conflicts.

I'm not saying that 'war' can ever truly make sense, however, what, exactly are we fighting for in Iraq?

The price that we are paying for this war, besides the horrific loss of young lives, is now a divided and seemingly unpopular United States to the rest of the world.

I guess that the "Pollyanna" in me will always aspire for a peaceful world, Bertsky. : )

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Grammie. Thanks for visiting my site.

That's a lovely creation. I share your sentiments about peace.

I'll e-mail you soon regarding your ticker follow-up question.

Take care!