Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sanjaya's newest "do"

Yesterday I said that I felt sorry for Sanjaya Malakar.

But, today, after watching American Idol last night, I feel very differently.

I do believe that he is going to have the last laugh on us all.

I now think that America's newest teen heartthrob, Sanjaya, is just enjoying the whole media "thing" and having a great time doing it. Kind of like a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude!

Last night he sported a strange (!?!) mohawk hairdo that one could only call "rooster-ish". Simon mockingly said that Sanjaya must not have had "...a mirror in his dressing room". I must agree as it was truly a sight to behold.

But, he came out with that mischievous grin on his face and sang his song with renewed confidence to the screams of all of the 10-14 year old girls in the audience.

I've got to hand it to this kid, he may not have the best voice in the competition (understatement!), but he seems to have the charisma to go far.

Maybe what we all have to 'get' from Sanjaya is to not take ourselves too seriously...that's really not a bad lesson for us all to learn as we go through life's bumps.

Will he make it through another round?

Millions of us will tune in tonight to see.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Princess said...

I like your hearty ticker.
Like you, I am an Idol fan. Nobody can touch the TV remote on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8 and 9 pm respectively!
I agree with you. Sanjaya knows how to live life - with humor and a big smile! I think he'll make it through tonight!

Princess

Teresa said...

Grammie, I'm watching American Idol and Sanjaya is safe once again. I thought of you.

Jana said...

Am I the only one on the planet that was thinking of CHER when watching him with that pony-hawk hairdo? Geez already!!! I agree that he's being kept on by the sympathy vote which really chaps my hide.
As for the teeny boppers that are watching him (and crying...omg) over this young man... he's gay, and will eventually be voted off because those that don't want yet another gay singer in the mix will unvote him. Sorry. I'm a big fan of Jordin's Sparks... she's very talented and extra fancy. Melinda Doolittle is my next choice, I think they'll be #1 and #2 in the end of it all, none of the boys are that strong. I did REALLY enjoy hearing the chubby guy that left last night singing Chris Daughtry's song-- I'm Going Home, and he did a pretty good job. HE was one that shouldn't have gone so soon. But look how long Catherine McFee lasted...yuck.
Not that I'm an AI fan... or anything.. =0).