Sunday, May 27, 2007

Oh Owen....

Earlier, as I was holding Owen in my arms, he wrapped his little fingers around mine as he drank from his bottle. Then from time to time he would look up at me as he studied my face for familiarity. I guess that he probably decided that as long as I was feeding him...he was okay with whomever I was. : )

Two of his "feedings" were baby food and this was where things got interesting...and, messy! He started out with some Cheerios this morning and before all was said and done they were everywhere...mashed and soggy...we found more of them between the high chair tray and his little belly than made it to his mouth.

This little angelic grandson of mine has just stolen my heart forever. I find myself just happy to sit and watch him as he discovers new things....

My favorite thing that he does is when he is drinking from his bottle he takes his little hands and rubs the top of his head...and then very lowers his hands to the front of his face. He then spends several minutes studying his fingers-one by one. After this he starts all over again from the top of his head to the front of his face, seemingly mesmerized by his fingers. Ah, the wonder of it all!

No comments: