Sunday, July 22, 2007

The more that you date someone, the more quirks that begin to surface.

I am finding out that Dave enjoys very strange combinations of food.

I have always sensed this about him, but lately it has become even more apparent. Here is an example of one of Dave's favorite sandwiches...I wouldn't have believed it until I actually saw him making it right before my very eyes.

1) Butter your bread.

2) Put copious amounts of mayonnaise on said bread covering the butter.

3) Spread peanut butter on one of the sides.

4) Spread strawberry jelly on the other side.

5) Cover the peanut butter with sliced sweet Vidalia onions.(!)

6) Sliced tomatoes and/or bananas are an option on either slice. (He didn't do either)

7) Put slices together.

8) Enjoy.

Of course I would add a final ingredient:

9) Pepto Bismol. : )

3 comments:

Jana said...

I suppose after consuming PB and onion, he wants a snuggle and a kiss, huh?? ewwwwww.

Bert Bananas said...

If one of my daughters (which is how I consider you, young as you are) told me she was dating a guy (or even a girl!) who ate the concoction you've just displayed to a frightened world, I would ask her why the object of her affection happened to be available to start the relationship with her...

Unless, of course, it was simply a harmless aberration that he now trusts you enough to be able to handle, like not being able to bathe without his rubber ducky, or my wife's harmless aberration of drinking five martinis when she senses I'm feeling 'frisky.' Perfectly harmless...

L. said...

Bertsky,

She only needs five martinis?

xoxo