Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mom's oatmeal cookies save the day!

A mother hen is always happiest when her "chicks" are around. : )

So, you can imagine my delight in having my oldest son, Adam here for a few days on business. It was so great waking up and seeing him downstairs having a bowl of cereal before he was off for the day. Of course I made sure to have some General Mills cereal on hand so that he would not think that I was slighting his company!

As part of the Pillsbury consumer insights section at work, he and his group are here doing some research into the South...our eating habits, way of life, etc. etc.

Wanting to show a little Southern Hospitality, I had baked a couple of batches of my "famous" oatmeal cookies for him to take to the whole crew that was here in Bham. So, as he headed out this morning to a remote area northwest of here, he had the bag of homemade cookies with him. He found himself on some real country dirt roads at one point on his journey...when he got to the end of the block, he tried to make a turn around so that he could head back up the street. Unfortunately, he found his car surrounded by a pack of dogs who were not allowing him to move any further. No matter what he did...he was held captive in that spot.

Fortunately his eyes went to the bag of oatmeal cookies sitting on the seat next to him. He grabbed a couple and threw them out the window away from his car. The dogs ran to get this "treat"....and he was off.

It does a mother proud to know that her cookies are enjoyed by all...including wild dogs. : )

2 comments:

Moobear said...

Hi Grammy
I am glad you have Adam home with you for a few days. Kevin our oldest has come home alone a few times and it just seems to bring back ole times and memories. Enjoy your time with him Grammie! I like the picture of Owen and Vera and I am sure they had such fun being together. Have a great day my friend!

GClef1970 said...

That's hysterical!! Only in the south, I say.