Monday, July 16, 2007

weekend musings....

We had a pretty lazy weekend....you know the kind....no specific plans for Friday and Saturday night...just hanging out.

It was so lazy, in fact, that I totally missed making a "Happy Birthday" call to my daughter-in-law on Saturday! I made a belated call on Sunday but felt pretty badly about not speaking to her on "the day".

This weekend Dave picked up some fresh snapper and a few shrimp at the local fish market and we decided to make broiled Greek style snapper for dinner. I used olive oil, fresh lemon, oregano, pepper, garlic and Greek spices and it was so delicious. Sometimes I find myself snorfing (is that a word?) through my meals without really experiencing the pleasure of eating. So I am trying to slow down a bit in order to savor every bite-- making sure to take a sip of wine every once in a while as part of the total experience. : ) (I believe that is how the French keep from gaining weight? ooo la la)

My son is coming in later tonight with some co-workers for business. Even though he is staying here at the house, it sounds like my moments of visiting opportunity will be short as they are all going to be quite busy....but, you know how we mothers are....I will take what I can get. I can't wait to see him. I went out and bought him some of his favorite sweets, like red licorice sticks, to entice (bribe) him to hang around a little more.

On Sunday, Dave donned his team colors of gold and black (Pittsburgh) and headed to Atlanta to watch the Pirates play the Braves. Since it was televised he made signs to hold up...I watched the whole game but never spotted Dave nor the signs. Oh well. Fortunately the threatening rain held out...unfortunately, the Braves won 5-1.

I am determined to be productive and not let the day slip by me today...so I am going to get it started right now! Have a good one...Bye! : )

No comments: