Saturday, July 07, 2007

raindrops....

YAY! It is raining outside.

Not just a passing shower....but an all day kind of rhythmic rain. It is music to my ears....I just hope that it keeps up....heaven knows we need it!

The only one a bit unhappy about it all was Dave as it messed up his morning golf game... : (...but, I know that deep down he is thrilled for our lawns, shrubs and plants! )

Last night I cut a fresh salmon filet into sections and Dave and I each did our thing with them. We had decided to wrap them in filo dough for a change of pace. We spritzed it all with fresh lemon and then he did his with a dry rub...I have no idea what he put in it...but it was very good! I did one with Dijon mustard and a little garlic and the other one with soy sauce, ginger, toasted sesame seeds, garlic and sweet and sour sauce. Once seasoned, they were wrapped individually in layers of buttered filo dough and baked until crispy and brown. I must say that my favorite was probably the mustard one...but they were all quite flavorful and delicious. I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers for tonight...!

We opened a bottle of pinot grigio and had a lovely meal together before settling in for tv, a baseball game, and a relaxing, "do nothing" evening...

1 comment:

Jana said...

Sounds great! We're having baked sockeye salmon tonight, Chris is also making garlic bread and I'll make a salad to go along. Movies tonight and tomorrow his vacation week is over and he goes back to work. I'll miss having him home, we get along so much better working and living on the same shift!!! Wish he'd give up the graveyard, but he prefers it since there's less bosses and more money!!