Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I'm melting, I'm melting..." (Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz)

"Baby, it's hot outside!"

I attempted to beat the heat today by getting up earlier and taking my morning walk around 6:30. *yawn*

Whoever thought that one would think that temps in the 80's would be "cool"?!?!

This blistering heat continues in the Birmingham area with temperatures today forecast to hit 105. It is a very serious situation here as we have had triple digit temps for nine days in a row now.

One of the things that caused us to buy this house thirty something years ago was the magnificent and varied landscaping. As the days go by and the water restrictions stay in place I am having to sit and watch everything begin to dry up and die. It is very sad.

The bad news is that there is a new Hurricane that has formed that is heading towards the Gulf. They are saying that this could potentially become a strong storm by the time it makes landfall. The only positive thing would be if it could just eventually bring some much-needed rain to our area...

I can't believe that I am actually encouraging a hurricane to come our way.

The heat must be getting to me....

Aagh.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I do hope you get some relief from the heat soon...the rest of the south as well. We're a cool 93 here.

We've been having good rains here lately, as well, and we need more.

I hope that the hurricane doesn't do too much damage. I get so nervous when they finally start forming. When the four hurricanes hit Florida a few years ago, our area was spared every time.

I love your photos down below of Owen and Grandpa.