Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kaye's box....

When Dave's sister's health began its downward spiral, I needed to let her know that she was in my thoughts. As an artist, my feelings are most easily expressed through my pottery....so, I decided to make her a box of HOPE.

Since his family is Presbyterian, Dave suggested that I make it with the Presbyterian Cross. After looking up the details of this cross, I began to form the box.

My idea was to fill the box with positive "thoughts" that might be a source of inspiration for her as she battled her cancer so I painted strips of clay with various words such as: harmony, healing, clarity, serenity, acceptance, courage, strength, spirit, prayer, laughter, hope, faith, etc.

As she continues her struggle to get through each day, I am hopeful that some of these affirmations are a source of strength, not only to Kaye, but to the family members that are at her side...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammie,
What a thoughtful & loving thing to do!! My prayers are with you, Dave, his sister & family.
I enjoy your blog so much, thanks for "fixing" the comments so that I can read & comment.
Have a nice day.
Paulette

Susie said...

All those positive words have to be a source of encouragement to your sister in law. What a wonderful and caring idea..

L. said...

Thank you so much, Susie. I am so enjoying your cruise pictures! I know that you are having a wonderful time...

And, Paulette, I am so glad that you were able to get your comments on. Thanks so much for following my journey on the blog!

xoxo

Beverly said...

Hi, Grammie, What a lovely gift for Dave's sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you all during these days.

David called me to tell me today that Ella has cultured a nasty bacteria that will take about a month of meds to shake. I knew the day was coming when something nasty would happen with the cf, but I was hoping it wouldn't be for a long time.

L. said...

Oh Beverly....I am sending positive energy your way as sweet Ella fights off this bacteria. I know that this isn't easy. My thoughts are with you...

Take care,
xoxo