Monday, October 15, 2007

Men, Women, and other contradictions

"God may have created Man before Woman---But, there's always a rough draft before the masterpiece."

I love that quote....and it is so true! As the catalog where I copied that from said: "Perfection takes practice, even for a divine power!"

Now, I am not saying the women are perfect even though we are....but what is it with men? They are such strange creatures! A study in "complicated simplicity"...that is how I would describe them.

Just saying that we operate differently is such an understatement...we are wired in totally contrasting ways.

It amazes me sometimes how Dave and I can read or observe the same exact thing and, yet, see it in two completely distinct ways.

When women get together there is this immediate understanding and sisterhood that develops as we speak. We get it. That's all there is to it. We understand each other. As women communicate words like, "Exactly!", "I feel the same way!", "You are so right!" are spoken back. We are each other's most captive audience. It is so cathartic to express one's feelings to another female....but......

Men want to "fix" things" quickly...get to the bottom line.....move on....get over it....and we hear things from them like: "What are you talking about?", "HUH?"...."Are we finished with this conversation yet?", "I don't get it"and the ever famous: "Do we have to discuss this again? I thought that we already talked about this...".

Women want to discuss and analyze things for a while. In fact we thrive on having those deep, emotional conversations. Ah, it is so heavenly. That's why I love my "girlie trips"....and, in fact, I have two coming up in the next two weeks. Stay tuned!

To a man, "can we talk?" is like a kiss of death statement. Dave's eyes glaze over and he gets this pained look on his face as he says: "Yes, dear?".

I am thinking as I am talking to him that great pearls of wisdom are dripping from my lips...he half smiles and tries to look interested....but the reality is that he is actually half watching the television over my shoulder and hardly listening to me as his attention is diverted to the latest football scores. Ladies, can you imagine that?!

Now, I am certainly not saying that I don't enjoy the company of men. I absolutely do....I just wish that they could be more like us!!!!

Well, as I end this little soliloquy (?), here is one more quote that I am lifting from this catalog (http://www.femailcreations.com/):

"If it has tires or testicles it's going to give you trouble."

: ) Have a nice day.

No comments: