Monday, January 28, 2008

Packing for frigid weather....

The suitcases are out.

I have gathered together every warm item of clothing that I own.

The key is layering...and, layered I shall be!

I have some borrowed things from one of my sister...hats, scarves, gloves, underwear, turtlenecks, down jacket....and, even a beautiful leather swing coat with a fur trim. When I put it on my whole demeanor changes and I suddenly feel like a movie star struttin' her stuff!

The latest temperatures out of Minneapolis are still in the minus column with even a few snow showers thrown in for good measure.

Brrrr.

But, the excitement of seeing Adam, Jenny, and (of course!) OWEN is filling me with all the warmth that I will need.

Two more days.....

yay! : )

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I know you are so excited to see Owen again.

I was noticing the bib in the sidebar. Is that Owen's birthdate? Wasn't he born in '06?

L. said...

Oh dear! The frigid temps have already gotten to me...yes, '06!

Thanks....I will change it right now!
: )