Saturday, January 05, 2008

Resolutions?

OK, so I guess that it is time to make a few resolutions before 2008 gets by me...Here goes:

1. Laugh more.

2. Read more books and less magazines.

3. Attempt (again) to seriously learn signing for the deaf.

4. Dance.

5. Eat less chocolate.

6. Add some other exercises to my morning walking routine.

7. Stop trying to "save the world from sadness".

8. Do a better job in my backyard gardening come springtime.

9. Entertain friends more often.

10. Treat myself to some pampering now and then.

11. Do more small random kindnesses for people that I don't know.

12. Stay in touch with out of town friends on a more regular basis.

13. Try not to take things personally.

14. Eat smaller portions.

15. Do something that is out of my comfort zone.

16. Increase my pottery income.

17. Be better organized with my paperwork.

18. Spend more time just "being".

19. Learn how to meditate.

20. Take time off from being a caretaker.

21. Continue to visit family every chance that I get.

22. Learn more about the people running our government.

23. Only go to the grocery store once a week and follow a budget.

24. Learn to bake homemade breads from scratch.

25. Resolve to act on my resolutions...

2 comments:

Gattina said...

Oh my ! what a list ! I never do or have done resolutions in my whole life. I saw this for the first time here with the Bloggers. I just let it happen or not, lol !
Thanks for your comment. I only have 3 posts on one page but I know that some people using Internet Explorer have difficulties to load the page, even myself when I was abroad. That's why I use only Firefox with that there is no problem at all. I think Google wants to get rid of IE because Firefox belongs to the group. That's at least what I have been told.
Today we celebrate Three Kings Day in Belgium, so come and have a slice of the "Galette" !

Jana said...

I think you should eat MORE chocolate -long as its organic dark chocolate that is - my personal favorite is the one with ginger in it -- YUMMYYYY!!!
As for all that other stuff, ok, get organized, but that's easy - just make an extra envelope for every one you ahve to make to organize your stuff for the accountant, then as this year goes along, put that 2008 paperwork in the designated envelopes, and by the end of 2008, you're already organized!!!
Baking bread from scratch is fun, but its messy and more expensive than the store-bought stuff, if you learn more about the GOV, you'll have more reason to be upset and won't be "being" or meditating. You forgot to say you want to watch more football!! Tight pants!! Tight pants!! YAY!!!
As for me- I last resolved to stop making resolutions, and that's the only one I've kept in 40 years.
Happy New Year, full of prosperity and good health, and of course ginger chocolate!!!