Wednesday, February 20, 2008

American Idol finals begin....

Here we go again...!

The "real" competition began last night...and, once again, I am hooked.

If the twelve boys are indicative of the talent level this year....we are in for quite a show!

I think that the young ages of many of these kids is what really amazed me. I didn't have anywhere near their level of maturity and composure when I was that young. From what I recall, I was pretty much only interested in the latest styles of clothing and boys, boys, boys!!!!

These young kids are writing their own music and belting it out before millions of people. It is not only impressive, but makes me feel quite ancient....and a bit inept.

For the most part, I enjoyed them all...but my early favorites are: Jason Castro, who sang "Day Dreaming", Michael Johns, who sang "Light My Fire", and little David Archuleta who sang "Shop Around. David is cute as can be but got a little giggly and silly after his song. Oh well....I guess that he was actually just acting his age...17!

I am looking forward to the girls turn tonight.

With all of my heaviness and anxiety over my dad...this is a nice diversion...

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Yes, I am watching Simon saying he "hated it, real karyoke" however you spell that, I am hooked too. Except tomorrow I have to watch Lost...

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammie, I haven't left a comment in a whil, but have been catching up on your blog. Hope your Dad is doing good. My prayers go up for him!
On American Idol....I'm hooked again also. My favorite boy is David Archuleta. I think he will win. He is so cute. The girls.. I voted for Kristy Lee Cook. I just like the way she handles herself...she is a country girl and doesn't mind getting dirty. she also sings well. We shall see. Clara...in TN