Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My other connections....

The reactions to "I have a blog" are always different.

Many people chuckle and say: "Why would you do that? Why put your feelings out there to complete strangers?".

Some are concerned and ask: "Why expose yourself like that?".

These people do not truly understand this mini world of "connections" that my blog has afforded me.

Without my blog, I never would have been introduced to some wonderfully interesting people who make up this world we are all living in.

No, they aren't famous....and they may not have done anything earth shattering during their lifetime.

But, they are just good everyday people trying to make the most of what they have....taking on each day full of spirit and determination....loving their families...working hard....celebrating life...and, in some cases, dealing with challenges such as illness, divorce, getting older...etc.

It is from these very people that I receive so much when I blog.

Since my dad's illness and surgeries, a small group of my blogging friends have really been there for me...leaving loving and inspiring comments..sending emails....just letting me know that they have my dad in their thoughts and prayers.

Today I want to dedicate my blog to some of these wonderful women: Beverly, Beverly,(my two Beverly's!!) Claudia, Stephanie, Paulette, Jana, and Stella.

Your friendship means so much to me and continues to fill me with hope.

Thank you for being on this journey with me.

I am so grateful.

xoxo

Grammie

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Such sweet, kind, and thoughtful words and feelings. I had hoped I was helping. It is amazing how we can become so close to our blogging friends, but I find myself thinking about each one during my day.

I find the same reactions from people when I tell them I blog, except not from my children. They think it is great.

Beverly said...

Thanks for the mention. I totally understand why you blog. It is
interesting how we share feeling with people that we've never met. I so value the friendships made through blogging.

Right now I'm in Virginia with dear, sweet Ella. I can't believe how much they grow and change in 2 months. What fun she is. I'm ready for bed, though.

Hoping to get some good pictures soon.

Moobear said...

Hi Grammie,

Thanks for thinking of me in your blog. I hope your dad continues to improve and you have been in my thoughts. Some of us bloggers go back to the beginning of our blogs. I met you when I started blogging and have two friends who enjoy reading your blog as much as I do. Many of my friends and family do not "get" the concept of blogging. Owen is really growing and I enjoy seeing his pictures. You are a great grammie! Take care.

Claudia

Anonymous said...

Well, here I was just trying to get caught up on posts -- you've really surprised me. Thank you for the wonderful (and definitely undeserved) compliment. I wish much support for you on this particular part of the journey you're navigating.
Bless you,
Stella