Monday, February 18, 2008

Looking for a sign....

As I was walking in my sunroom this evening, I spotted my old orchid plant sitting in the corner.

The branches have gotten gangly... and many of the once beautiful leaves have dried up and fallen off.

Instead of being a small, tight plant, its leaves now spread out wildly in all directions as it seeks a piece of the morning sunshine from in between the wooden blinds.

I remember when I first got this orchid and it was bursting with floral beauty. Once the flowers dropped off, I kept it in the sunroom and nurtured it through the years.

Every once in a while it surprises me...like today.

For there hanging off of one of the outstretched leaves were two beautiful white blooms...

...just the sign of hope that I was needing today.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I have always remembered and liked this, we have to have Hope...


Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune
without the words
And never stops at all.
Emily Dickinson

Anonymous said...

um hi i have a question. Where did you find that quote (hope like love transcends all time...)? It is very important. please email me at Erin.filmore@gmail.com

L. said...

Anonymous...
It was from a book of quotes by Flavia.