Thursday, May 15, 2008

David vs. David....my opinion-- for what it's worth

Well, the newspaper said it all this morning: "It's official: David is sure to be the next 'Idol'."

With over 56 million (56 million!!) votes in last night, it looks like David A. and David C. will go head to head next Tuesday...and, one of them will be the new American Idol.

And, I have my concerns if it turns out to be David A.

Watching him last night trying to handle all of the fanfare in his hometown, I saw him struggling. Overcome with more emotion than this 17 year old seemed able to handle, I worried about how he would deal with actually being out there as the American Idol?

Talent aside (and there isn't any doubt that he is incredibly talented!), David A. seems so unsure of himself. When people gush over him, the word "gosh" seems to be all that he can emote along with that youthful sheepish grin that makes his eyes seem more like slits above that huge smile. He always seems surprised by the adulation...almost as if he just can't believe it.

The other David seems ready for the fame and fortune that inevitably comes along with the title.

Also, extremely talented, David C. has seven more years under his belt--and that has allowed him to reach the necessary maturity to handle all of what is to come.

I don't know....

...maybe it is just the "mother" in me that wants to protect David A.'s fragility until he can handle it..

2 comments:

Jana said...

Fay says "David Cook Rocks!!", of course she gets that from Nana. Yep - tis' David Cook. He's got the savy, and he's over 18. He's so very talented too.
David A is such a kid, he really needs to go home and graduate and turn 18 so he can fire his dad. THEN he can have fame.
He'll be the best since Carry Underwood.
I'm glad I'm not the only AI nerd on this blog group - hugs sister!

Beverly said...

Again, you speak my mind exactly...
I hope the teens aren't the only ones to vote. And, and, I have to work 3p-11p. ugh!