Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Get Ready to Rumble"????

Puhleeeze!

What were they thinking last night on American Idol?

I thought that the cheesy beginning of the show took away from its the usual good quality entertainment that it is known for. Comparing it the finals to a boxing match and having the two David's come out wearing satin boxing robes was a little silly.

But, then, maybe I am frustrated and just a little concerned about my favorite's (David Cook) performances last night.

Don't get me wrong...he was good. He belted out his three songs as only David C. can.

BUT....I must admit that little David A. came out swinging! He sang his heart out on all three songs and really carried the evening when all was said and done. He was an absolute star.

Simon called David A.'s performance a "knockout"...going along with the fatuous fighting theme...making a complete reversal from statements that he made on the Jay Leno Show as well as on Ellen yesterday. He was with David Cook's winning all the way...oh well....that's Simon for you.

Anyway, in trying to base my vote on who I truly think would make the best Idol and who has performed best all season long...I did try to get through on the phone last night for David C. I was successful three times out of many, many more tries.

In all honesty, they are both winners...and will both have lucrative contracts waiting for them when the lights go down tonight.

It really is time for me to put my energies into some other important things going on in the world....like, the upcoming election...

Get ready to rumble.... Obama, Hillary and John...American Idol is almost over and Grammie's back into the 'real world'.

No comments: