Wednesday, July 23, 2008

M & M Wars

OK. Here is my issue.

I adore chocolate....

Not the now "healthy" rich, dark chocolate loaded with anti-oxidants...but, the sweet, creamy milk chocolate kind.....full of sugary goodness and, dare I say, fat.

The kind found in M & Mmmmmmmmm's.

A couple of weeks ago I found myself craving a bit of chocolate...but, there wasn't any to be found in my house.

So, the next time that I was in Costco I purchased one of their MEGA-sized bags of M & M's so that this lack of chocolate would not occur again (Heaven forbid!).

I promised myself that I would limit my intake of these delicious chocolate morsels to 10 a day. After the first day I had already eaten two day's worth....so, I upped the limit to 20 a day.

Sounds reasonable, eh?

Well, temptation takes over when you have this humongous bag of sweets sitting in your pantry.

So, I found myself snacking on 20 in the morning...and then another 20 (or so) in the afternoon....and, maybe a few in the evening. : O

This was not a good situation for someone trying to cut back on sugar as well as not putting on any more weight. For me, the more sugar that I have.....the more that I want. It is definitely an addiction.

I found that I was talking to myself as I dug down deep into the bag of candy.

"OK" I admonished myself, "I will take a few M & M's now--- but, I will absolutely not take any more for the rest of the day!".

Ha!

That didn't work.

The old adage: "Out of sight, Out of mind" particularly pertains to me now.

The only way to win this war against eating too much sugar is to get rid of these tempting treats once and for all.

So, I have made the decision to get rid of the whole bag of M & M's....

........... tomorrow.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I'm with you on the creamy chocolate over the healthy stuff. If I go to Target and M&Ms are on sale and I buy a bag, they're gone within 2 or 3 days. So I have to just not buy them.

I have found that I love the mini-Snickers ice cream bars, just 90 calories. They are wonderful...just enough, and I'm able to resist eating more than one...usually.

JeanMac said...

Sounds like good reasoning to me:)