Friday, July 11, 2008

Parents in Training

While I was in MN, parents-to-be Aunt Janet and Uncle Jeffrey came in for a weekend.

I loved watching them with Audrey and Owen.

Janet had a way to keep Audrey very calm and relaxed....especially when she draped her over her ever-growing pregnant belly! Who wouldn't like a nice, warm "lounger" like that?

And, Jeffrey became the favorite of little Owen...who kept uttering "Uncle Jeffrey, Uncle Jeffrey" over and over again.(Sure, the kid won't say "Grammie" much at all...but, he manages to enunciate "Uncle Jeffrey"!)

Jeffrey is such a gentle soul and children sense that in him. I sat and proudly watched as he played with him, read to him, talked to him, etc. etc.

Janet and Jeffrey have been reading all of the childcare books and I know that they are filled with knowledge when it comes to having their baby...

However, more importantly than knowing the facts about childbirth/care, I see such a calmness and confidence in the two of them that tells me that they will be wonderful parents to a very lucky baby.

I guess that we will all see soon....

...as their due date isn't that far away...

.... and September will be here before we know it !!!!!

Ahhhhh, another sweet baby to love...

: ) (Grammie smiling)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Blessed Beyond Stress said...

I absolutely LOVE the pic of Janet with baby Audrey resting so peacefully on Janet's tummy (where Audrey's soon-to-be cousin currently resides)...so precious!

Anonymous said...

Is that "Red Fish, Blue Fish" by Dr. Suess? One of our favorites. Janet looks lovely pregnant, and beautiful with Audrey on her belly. I am so happy for you and all your wonderful new blessings! We got to see our twins today, and it was just a miracle to watch.
Steph