Friday, August 01, 2008

Huh?

"Patience, n. A minor form of dispair, disguised as a virtue." -Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

I received an email from Microsoft yesterday saying that my Microsoft Office trial subscription had ended and that I needed to purchase the program now if I wanted to continue using it. I had already purchased a new Microsoft Office program last March...so, this confused me.

The following are parts of the transcript from the actual online conversation that I had with a Microsoft Customer Service Representative:

Deborah: Welcome to Microsoft Customer Service Chat!

Me: Thanks, Deborah.

Deborah: May I know the exact name of your email subscription which you are referring to?

Me: The email was from msoffice.us@trymicrosoftoffice.com. It said "Your trial has ended or will end soon. It's time to purchase 2007 Microsoft Office."

Me: I have already purchased 2007 Microsoft Office and didn't understand why I received this email.

Deborah: Okay.

Me: I paid $149.00 on March 29, 2007.

Deborah: Can you provide me with the exact web link from where you purchased the Office 2007 software?

Me: I guess that it was the Microsoft Office site. I'm not sure of the exact web link....it was last year. First I did the trial...and then when that expired, I purchased the product.

Deborah: Okay.

Me: Do you see a record of my purchase?....and, should I just ignore the email?

Deborah: Sure.

Me: Sure...just ignore it? Or, "sure" you have a record of my purchase?

Deborah: Yes, please can I have the record of your purchase?

Me: ????????

Me: I am looking at my 2007 Visa bill. The charge is on there-March 29, 2007.

Deborah: Okay

Me: ????????

Deborah: The Office product which you purchased is the full version Office Home and Student 2007. Am I right?

Me: Yes.

Deborah: Okay.

Deborah: You can also contact our Support Professionals at 1-877-4mstrial. Here you can obtain automated support about Microsoft Trial versions. They will be in a better position to answer you.

Deborah: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Me: Yes. Do you have a record of my purchase????

Me: I don't want or need any trial versions...!

Deborah: No, because we are Customer Support Representative and we can assist you in reaching to an appropriate support options only.

Deborah: I recommend you calling Microsoft Sales and Partner Information Team at (800) 426-9400. they are available from Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. this team will be in a better position to answer you.

Me (exasperated): Okay.

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

Hate to tell you my story but I was 3 hours!!! on the phone - my wireless card was defective and when I got the laptop back all record of everything had evaporated, eg purchased versions - if you need help, call your Hp or whatever you have and get them to conference call to solve it - otherwise you run in circles, many circles!