Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bits and Pieces

**************************************************************

I had to laugh yesterday as Mom told me that they had Italian Night at "the home" and the servers were wearing French berets and Greek salad was on the menu. Sounds more like a night at the UN...

**************************************************************

The "TV Ears" are still working great on night number two. These will be especially helpful as we are now heading into football season! Dave cannot get enough of all of the games that are beginning to take up the airwaves these days... rah rah.

**************************************************************

The weather is so perfect this time of year....while the afternoons are still quite toasty, the mornings are just delightful. Perfect morning walking weather! I love it.

**************************************************************

Jeffrey and Janet put together the most incredible book for my birthday. It is filled with pictures and words from family and friends. The friendships cover people from my past as well as now. When I first went through it up in Maryland, it brought tears to my eyes as I reminisced. It is the sort of thing that I will treasure forever.

**************************************************************

Every once in a while I stop whatever I am doing and just smile as I realize that in such a short period of time I have become a Grammie to three beautiful children! How did I get so lucky?

**************************************************************

My pool is no longer "green" as I have poured "shock chemicals" into it since returning home. I think that Dave and I will put the cover on it soon and close it up until next Spring. It has certainly been an expensive challenge for me this Summer. Anyone want to buy a large in-the-ground swimming pool? Maybe I should put it on eBay?!?! ha.

**************************************************************

My friend Sharon has been reading a book on making good nutritional choices. She told me today that she is now eating Mounds bars after reading that dark chocolate is good for you...and she now picks Almond Joy bars because she found out that almonds are full of good nutrition! (She is trying to forget about the other ingredients in these two snacks....like coconut, sugar, fat, high fructose syrup, etc. etc.) Sounds like a good diet to me! : )

**************************************************************

After anticipating the "Great Presidential Debate" last night, I have to admit that I was let down...and, after a while, even found myself doing some other things as I was watching it. I get so tired of the political "babble" and seemingly empty promises that are made. I wanted to be uplifted...but, this did not occur. Disappointing.

**************************************************************

The financial situation happening right now is frightening. I know that everyone is being affected on one level or another. I feel like I am hanging on for dear life at times as things around me continue to rise in price. Nothing is unaffected...and that trickling down is what is so disconcerting. I guess that I am hoping for a miracle as I tighten my belt a little.

*************************************************************

Well, things in Minnesota are getting back to some sort of "normalcy" as Jenny has returned to work, Adam is finished with his paternity leave, Owen is still in his daycare....and, little Audrey has just started her daycare experience at General Mills. With all of this, Jenny continues to pursue her post-grad degree as she gets back into taking classes this Fall. Hats off to all of them for making these changes without much fuss.

************************************************************

While Dave is out playing golf today, I am planning to go to a movie with a couple of the girlies. We are going to see the chick flick, "The Women". I will write a "review" later. In the meantime, I am going to head out for my walk...and then scour the house for some candy to take to the movies with me! Maybe Sharon will bring some of those "nutritional" candy bars with her. Mmmmm.

: )

************************************************************

Have a good day!

xoxo

3 comments:

NanNan said...

Wow-- the last time I checked in, you had only one grandchild!! Congratulations--I love being a grandmother too--- and even though I'm not Anerican,, I'm so sick of seeing Obama/McCain--- geesh,, I remember when CNN used to have REAL stories, like OJ Simpson and Lacey Peterson!! :)

JeanMac said...

I love this post of "this 'n that".

Jana said...

There's an organic variety of mounds and almond joy bars in the organic section of the store (for Sharon). No hi fructose corn syrup there! Good luck with the TV ears, wait till the team Dave is watching makes a supreme end of the 4th quarter, down by 6 points 99 yard return run to win the game and cover the points~!! Betcha an Almond Joy that Dave's hollering will wake you up!
Congrats to you and the kids on Celia, she's beautiful.
Don't let the financial situation worry or frighten you Grammie- we'll all be fine soon as the politicians stop stealing our money and lying to us about what they're doing with it!!! Oh guess I'm hoping for a miracle - politicians that don't lie!!! OMG!
Hope you liked the movie, I heard it was good. Have you watched Star Dust? It's a good one!!