Sunday, October 19, 2008

Leftovers...

Dave and I were invited to a beautiful dinner party last night.

It was held at my dear friend's beautiful home that overlooks downtown Birmingham. It was a clear night and the view was incredible. Even though it was a bit chilly outside, tables were set up around outdoor heaters and it was so lovely. Candles and fresh flowers were everywhere. At one point, my friend came outside and wrapped a luxurious pashmina around my shoulders to keep me warm....ahhhhhh. I asked her if that was my party favor to take home. She laughed.

The food was pretty amazing...waiters walked around with large trays filled with delicious appetizers...smoked salmon and cream cheese bites with fresh dill, filo wrapped mushroom delicacies and mini crab cakes that were to die for. I sipped my wine and enjoyed every bite of the offerings.

Dinner was even more exceptional as we dined on grilled baby lobster tails (yum), beef tenderloin, Caesar salad, grilled vegetables, and a fancy mac and cheese casserole.

One would think that there wouldn't be any room for dessert after that feast, but somehow we all managed to make room for a taste of the sweets: decadent brownie squares, individual lemon meringue tarts, cookies, and chocolate covered strawberries.

It was quite an eclectic mix of people...and it was really such fun...and one of the nicest parties that I have ever been to.

When I called my friend this morning to thank her for the lovely evening, I did ask what they did with all of the leftovers...wondering if she and her hubby were enjoying lobster omelets this morning.

She sighed and said that "no, the caterers had taken all of the leftovers with them.."

What a shame!

: )

1 comment:

Beverly said...

That sounds like my kind of party...
and it made me a little hungry.