Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Walls

I'm sure that you have heard of the Berlin Wall, the Wailing Wall, the Walls of Jericho, and the Great Wall of China, etc. etc....

but, one never hears mention of the "great" wall in my home...my "Angel Wall"! : )

Through the years, I have hung up a variety of angels that I have come across (or made) and placed them along a wall in my kitchen. They are made from metal, fabric, clay and even things found outside in nature...and they all hold a special memory for me.

These angels bring me a feeling of peace whenever I view them. They somehow touch the deepest, most spiritual part of me in ways that I can't always explain. They symbolize love and friendship and goodness and freedom and joy and, most especially, hope.

However, the angel wall sometimes makes me think about all of the madness in our world today: the violence....the wars....the prejudice....the ugliness....and so on and so on....and how we are needing to bring about better understanding by breaking down the "walls" that separate and divide us...and, by finding angels amongst us to help make things right.

Oh, if it were only that easy....

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." Luciano de Crescenzo

4 comments:

Grammyof13 said...

I stumbled into your blog from another, and like what I see. I'm sure I don't totally understand the "awaiting Buddha" but I'm glad your grandson made it to you, so you can experience being a grammie.
I am a grammy of 13 and having a blast with those 9 little boys and 4 girls.

I'll be back I'm sure

Doris or Grammyof13

Winifred said...

This is a beautiful wall. What a lovely idea.

Granny Annie said...

I love your angel wall. Your specific collection in very unique and colorful.

JeanMac said...

I think it can only be done "one by one" - we bloggers are proof of love and friendship.I feel a post coming on.