Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What a day!

First, the good news...

My car started this morning.

So, I was able to make my appointment to get my hair cut and colored. I look forward to catching up with Caroline, my hairdresser for many years, during these appointments. However, today she told me that she had been reading my blog....so, we didn't really have much to talk about since she knew all of my latest news. We had a good laugh about that. With my life in print...it's all pretty much out there. I did tell her that I would mention her in my next post so she needed to be careful about what she told me today while doing my hair. Fortunately for her, I can't remember much of what we discussed...so, she is safe. But, I do want to take this opportunity to say how crazy I am about her. She is a unique individual, a wonderfully talented hairdresser, and a dear friend. She performs miracles with my hair every time that I go to her. Thanks, Caroline, for all that you do.

After that appointment, things pretty much went downhill.

I went to renew my driver's license. After waiting in line for quite a while, I filled everything out, paid my money...and then had to stand in front of that dreaded blue screen and have my picture taken. This picture will be with me on my license from now until 2012. Well, I am not teasing when I tell you that it is the absolute worst picture that I have ever taken. The look on my face makes me look like I am running from the law....eyes wide open and a frightened look on my face. What a waste of makeup...

From there I went to the car repair shop to get a diagnosis on my latest car troubles. I ended up leaving there without my car as they had to order some parts that won't be in until tomorrow. With my car reaching its 10th birthday in 2009, I guess that these things are to be expected...but, I still hate to have to pay for it all.

Well, tomorrow is another day....right?

Right. : )

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

Hold onto your great hairdresser. And as far as DL pics. they are on par with passport pics!One time I wore a navy/cream horizontal stripe shirt - looked like a convict -even the lady taking my pic was doubled up laughing.