Sunday, January 18, 2009

I did it again!

A while back I tried to "healthify" a banana bread recipe and it came out like a banana brick.

Last night I tried the same thing with a pumpkin bread recipe...

As I cut into the still warm loaf, I could tell right away from the density that it was going to be another "brick".

After tasting this heavy, non-sweet bread, I realized my mistakes.

"Did you go by the recipe?" Dave asked.

"Yes," I said, "sort of".

Dave-- laughing and groaning at the same time asked, "What did you do to it?".

"Not much" I said.

Truth be told, I cut the sugar amount in half while using Splenda instead of real sugar and I used egg beaters instead of real eggs. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. : )

Lest these two (yes, two!) non-sweet loaves should go to waste, I decided to sprinkle the top of my piece with some powdered sugar.

Not too bad...for a brick...

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

Looks good - why don't you kind of crumble it and pour a pudding over it - yum!

Clara....in TN said...

Powdered sugar will cure anything! I imagine it would be good dipped in coffee....like biscoti.