Monday, January 19, 2009

A time for dreams....

"Only as high as I reach...can I grow. Only as far as I seek...can I go. Only as deep as I look ...can I see. Only as much as I dream...can I be." Karen Ravn

I have felt emotional all day.

There is something incredible going on in my lifetime and I feel so fortunate to be able to be a witness to it.

Tomorrow afternoon Barack Obama will be inaugurated as the next President of the United States of America.

As a 60 year old woman, I have been able to see many Presidents take the oath of office...but, this time it feels so different.

This time feels full of hopes and dreams like I haven't ever felt before.

This time I look at this man of color's face and see possibilities for all people.

This time I feel a pride within me that knows no bounds.

This time I truly believe that change is coming.

This time I see a new spirit around the country unlike anything else before.

This time I see inspiration on the faces of our youth...many of them experiencing their first foray into politics and having meaningful conversations about the issues facing them in the future.

While I know that the road ahead for our newest President will be very challenging and difficult, I feel a confidence about him that gives me reason to feel encouraged and optimistic.

God speed on your inauguration day tomorrow, Mr. Obama...I wish you the strength, fortitude, and courage to do your very best as our 44th President.

You have my blessing.

1 comment:

Clara....in TN said...

My feelings exactly Grammie! I think he will do a wonderful job. Yesterday was an extraordinary day. Out of nearly 2 million people there was NOT ONE arrest. What kind of record is that? That should be the headlines this morning. It was amazing!