Friday, January 23, 2009

On my little soapbox?

This Maxwell House coffee ad really caught my eye the other day.

I know that it is referrring to not having a bitter-tasting coffee....but, I loved the emotional message that came through...especially right now.

There is so much turmoil all around us in our country and around the world...many people are experiencing financial losses like never before...we have had a "changing of the guard" in the White House...

...and through all of this, most of us are trying to be hopeful for the future.

But, I have noticed some extremes in people...especially in these last few days.

Many are looking ahead with such great hopes and aspirations that may not be totally realistic or achievable at this time...some are feeling a new spirit....some are cautiously watching and waiting...but, I am also hearing people who are looking for things to criticize and complain about. There are those who are possibly afraid of "change" and what it may bring. I am seeing a lot of cynicism about the future of our country and the possibility of there ever being peace in our world. I continue to hear anger that comes from the personal pain that many are going through. Many times this can all come across as caustic and harsh...and devoid of any positive energy.

The negativity creates a bitterness that continues to grow in these people...and, it makes me sad to see it.

So, when I saw this simple little advertisement, it really resonated with me.

...and I will continue to wish for a world without bitterness....just something to think about.

Have a positive day!

XOXO

3 comments:

JeanMac said...

I guess everyone just has to keep on plugging away and helping other where necessary.

Beverly said...

I totally agree with your sentiments.
Maybe if some of us keep on being positive, it will rub off on the negative ones. I am not one of those people who cut down the leader of our nation, and it upsets when others do. I just do not respond. I do not want an argument. Thank you for your coffee smile...wish I was in Fla with you. and congrats on your anniversary...

Winifred said...

Like the coffe smile.

Yes people do have varying views. That's life isn't it. You can't please all the people all of the time.