Saturday, January 24, 2009

stringing beads and other inane things....

I have a million things to do today....yet I am sitting here stringing pink beads on a gold thread. I decided that my "outfit" for the Pink Party down in Florida needed a little jazzing up...so I am making a fun necklace full of beads in all shapes, sizes and shades of pink.

I often wonder why I choose to do this nonsensical project right now with so many other things needing my attention?

Procrastination, I guess.

*******************************************************************************

Today marks 6 years since Dave and I had our first date! We will mark this anniversary by heading to one of our favorite restaurants tonight. We will raise our glasses of wine and toast the miracle of two such incredibly different people maintaining a good relationship for this many years...sigh.

******************************************************************************

It looks like the suitcases will have to be brought down from the attic again as I will be winging my way down to Florida at 6:40 a.m. (yawn) on Tuesday. It is always a challenge heading down there in the winter months as it entails an entire wardrobe change from what I am wearing here in Bham. Sweaters to sleeveless tops....long pants to cropped ones....woolens to cottons...and, if I am really crazy brave...I may even throw in a bathing suit.

Nah.

******************************************************************************

I Skyped (webcam) with Adam, Jenny, Owen and Audrey last night. Things are a bit crazy up there as Owen has strep throat...Audrey a mild fever....and Jenny, a bad cold.

You wouldn't know that Owen was feeling puny at all as he was running around...jumping on Audrey's big pink foam chair...and knocking himself and the chair over on the floor! Audrey was sitting on her Mom's lap bouncing up and down with glee.

In the meantime, I noticed that the temps up there are hovering around -20 wind chill...Maybe being inside so much makes for the release of much pent up energy?

And, to think that I will be up there babysitting the two of them in just a few weeks...

I'm glad that I take my vitamins daily...

*****************************************************************************

Jeffrey, Janet and Celia are getting ready to head down to S. Florida, too. They will be doing the exhausting "S. Florida Tour" as they visit my family, my ex's family, and Janet's grandmother all in just four days!

While on the phone with Janet this morning, I heard Celia cooing in the background. Music to my ears....

*****************************************************************************

Back to my stringing beads and then I really will be getting dressed and starting my day....soon.

I promise.

XOXO

No comments: