Friday, January 02, 2009

Resolution Review

I decided to check out my 2008 New Year's Resolutions to see how many I had actually kept. It's not looking too good.

1. Laugh more. Yes, I am definitely doing that one! So far so good.... : )

2. Read more books and less magazines. Nope...can't seem to put those magazines down...and don't ever feel like I have the time for a whole book. Thus I have about seven books started....maybe 2009 will mean that I will finally find out the endings!

3. Attempt (again) to seriously learn signing for the deaf. Disappointedly, no.

4. Dance. Some...at a wedding or two.

5. Eat less chocolate. You have got to be kidding! Those of you who follow my blog know the answer to this one...not even close. *sigh*

6. Add some other exercises to my morning walking routine. Is eating an exercise?

7. Stop trying to "save the world from sadness". Still trying...

8. Do a better job in my backyard gardening come springtime. OK. An attempt was made on this one.

9. Entertain friends more often. Ummm....another 'nope' but the desire is still there....does that count?

10. Treat myself to some pampering now and then. ...and, another 'nope'.

11. Do more small random kindnesses for people that I don't know. Yes, I have done this one...

12. Stay in touch with out of town friends on a more regular basis. A little better regarding this one....

13. Try not to take things personally. Who me? Are you talking to little old sensitive ME? Fogetaboudit.

14. Eat smaller portions. HA HA

15. Do something that is out of my comfort zone. At my age, everything feels out of my comfort zone!

16. Increase my pottery income. Income? What income?

17. Be better organized with my paperwork. Yes, yes, yes.

18. Spend more time just "being". Another yes.

19. Learn how to meditate. OHMMmmmmmm......(nope)

20. Take time off from being a caretaker. Are you joking?

21. Continue to visit family every chance that I get. One look at my Visa account airline ticket charges and you will find out the answer to that one! Definitely, YES.

22. Learn more about the people running our government. With it being an election year, I would have to say, "yes"..I did that.

23. Only go to the grocery store once a week and follow a budget. What is a 'budget'?

24. Learn to bake homemade breads from scratch. nope....not yet....but, I still want to...!

25. Resolve to act on my resolutions... OK, stop laughing....at least I am being honest.

There's always 2009!!!!

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Wow, are you an over achiever or what? I just make one resolution and sometimes I stick to it and sometimes not!

Beverly said...

You are my kind of woman! I love #21. I identify with that one.

Jana said...

I did mean to ask you if you got better organized for the tax man this year? hmmmm??