Saturday, January 03, 2009

Chatter

Have you seen the commercial for the "Snuggie: The Blanket That Has Sleeves"? This wrap-around fleece blanket promises that you will stay warm from head to toe! It is "made of super-soft, thick, luxurious fleece with oversized loose fitting sleeves, so shoulders, arms and upper body remain protected from the cold but arms and hands are free to use your laptop, TV remote, read a book, talk on the phone, eat a snack and much more. Snuggie Fleece Throw won't slip and slide like a regular blanket and allows complete freedom of movement. As the temperature drops, you can keep your heating bill low and stay warm and comfy with your Snuggie Fleece Blanket. Ideal for staying toasty warm at sporting events or chilly outdoor evenings. " It shows men, women and children all wearing it while they are doing a myriad of things. The men look like Monks while they are wearing it...but, they all look so happy...and, one is tempted to say "Wow, how clever! I should run out and buy one!"...until you realize that a jacket or sweater could serve the same purpose and not be open in the back like this is! It makes me laugh every time that I see it on tv... Check it out!

**********************************************************************

I continue to wonder what exactly is in my Smart Balance spray butter? If you look on the back of the container is has zero fat, zero sodium, zero calories, zero cholesterol, zero carbs, zero protein.....zero anything. So what is it? Yellow water? I spray it on my food with reckless abandon...while having absolutely no idea what it actually is!?!?!

If I start 'glowing' one day, you all will know the reason...

*********************************************************************

Talked to Mom yesterday. She really put me and my friends to shame on New Year's Eve. It seems that she had a few people over at the "Home" that night for a little party. While Dave, Sharon, Gary and I struggled to make it past 11 p.m.....they all stayed up past midnight! These are people in their mid to late 80's.

Maybe one gets renewed energy once they pass 80 year's old? Or, maybe they just can't sleep so staying up isn't really much of a stretch.

Whatever, I'm envious.

********************************************************************

I'm thinking "pink" this month as I prepare to head down to Florida at the end of the month to walk in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure with my youngest sister, who is a cancer survivor. I will be joined by my other two sisters and Mom... as we show our support and celebrate her 9 years of being a survivor.

The night of the race she is having a "Party in Pink" at the Country Club near her home....and, we are all supposed to wear (you got it...) pink. I'm so looking forward to this visit...it will be here before I know it....I better start looking for that pink outfit! : )

********************************************************************

Well, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people walking around Birmingham today. Alabama was defeated by Utah in the Sugar Bowl last night as the "Tide" got "Rolled". People were having Sugar Bowl parties all over this city in anticipation of Alabama having a big win.

Oh dear.

In case you didn't know...we take our football very seriously here in the South, Y'all...

********************************************************************

Oh no! The T.V. ears failed to work last night...which meant that we went to bed with the television sound on. Hopefully, they just weren't fully charged and they will work tonight....I have really gotten used to having Dave wear them as I drift off to a peaceful sleep...Cross your fingers...

**********************************************************************

It's a rather gloomy, grey, rainy day here in Birmingham...but, have a bright and sunny one wherever you are! XOXO

3 comments:

Winifred said...

That's interesting about the Snuggie. I haven't seen one here. I've taken to wearing my woollies again instead of just T shirts. Much nicer and cosier.

The TV thingies look useful. We don't have TV in the bedroom so that's no problem. My problem is my husband likes to watch TV in the kitchen and it blares out in conflict with what I'm watching in the living room. Nightmare! I suppose the solution is to just have one telly.

JeanMac said...

Leave it to 80 year "olds" to beat us! We can never make midnight.

Jana said...

Real butter - organic, unsalted, real butter. Best you can get unless you can churn your own.