Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dave did it again!

Part of my Valentine's treat was another delicious dinner cooked by my own personal Chef Dave.

The wine was opened and allowed to breathe while he began to do his magic in the kitchen.

As always, I was ordered to 'stay out' of the kitchen...I didn't mind one bit as I sat and took in all of the yummy odors coming from his cooking..

The dinner consisted of a lobster tail with warmed drawn butter for dipping, Shrimp and Crab Gratin (a heavenly combination of lump crab meat, artichokes, spinach and cheeses), sauteed fresh mushrooms, and a combination of tomato, onion and asparagus.

It was divine and I savored every bite.

For dessert I had made a red velvet cake in the shape of a heart with an M & M message on top of the icing. Mmmm.

I am looking forward to enjoying all of the leftovers for dinner tonight!

Part two of my gift was a "Pampering Package" from one of the local spas. It includes aroma steam therapy, one hour full body massage, hot oil manicure and a pedicure.

All I can say is "Aaaaahhhhhh..."

I am thinking that a visit to the spa may be just what I will need after a week of chasing around babysitting energetic 2+ yr. old Owen and feeding, diapering, etc. taking care of sweet little Audrey!... : ) .

...just kidding....I can't wait!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tabor said...

You are one lucky woman to have such a loving husband. AND he cooks!

L. said...

Thanks for your comment, Tabor.
Yes, I am lucky to have such a loving "boyfriend"!

: )

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sounds wonderful. Where in the world did you find this man. I have always done the cooking. I amy duplicate the meal for myself some wonderful evening.